Good Shepherd Oasis
Life Direction and Transitions:
To make available of the Spiritual exercises to all Seekers of Love, Peace and Joyful Hope the Spiritual Exercises of the of Ignatius of Loyola. To assist those desiring inner freedom to be living witnesses of love and compassion. To inspire the faithful to be channels of justice and peace in BEing humble companions of God, Our Creator and Our Saviour.
Good Shepherd Oasis (GSO) offers:
- On-going spiritual direction
- Individually directed retreats
- short days of Reflection & Prayers ( 3 days, 5 days 8 days)
- 30-day retreats
- 19th Annotation of Spiritual Exercises
- a library for guests of GSO
What Is It All About?
It is a mutually agreed upon, One to One relationship in conversation and prayer. It is directed toward deepening intimacy with God helping the person who journeys, to discern the presence and leading of the Spirit of God – the One Jesus sent as our true Spiritual Director. David Benner
Simply put, spiritual direction is helping persons tell their sacred stories everyday – Liz Budd Ellman
Spiritual direction is the contemplative practice of helping another person or group to awaken to the mystery called God in all of life and to respond to that discovery in a growing relationship of freedom and commitment. – James Keegan, SJ
Who Needs It And Why?
The widespread interest in spiritual direction among lay persons, religious and clergy is a thought-provoking paradoxes. There is a widespread QUEST for personal authenticity through experienced interiority.
Somehow we must BE something meaningful if anything we do is to be genuinely significant. – S M Schneiders, IHM
- I make decisions all right, but how can I know that I am pleasing God?
- My life seems to be in a rut, and I can’t move forward.
- My life’s out of control. What’s happening to me?
Have I Heard Myself Or Someone Else Saying …
- I need to better my relationship with others.
- I want to know God’s plan for me.
- I desire and need spiritual support and help.
- I want to find meaning in my life.
- I have a deep longing to draw closer to God.
- I don’t know why I am feeling like this…
- I don’t know what is happening to me.
- I feel that I am neither her nor there!
Deep within your soul there is a knowing place, a sanctuary … Enter that sacred space. – Macrina Wiederkehr
Where And How To seek Or Embark On Regular Spiritual Direction / Companionship?
- GET in touch with your Pastor, Priest, religious Friend or Pastoral Minister in your place of work, Church or Community and request to eb recommended to a recognised spiritual director or companion.
- Have an INITIAL conversation with your potential Spiritual Companion and ask if she/he is receiving direction an supervision too.
- See If you are comfortable with her/him and give yourself 2 – 3 months to mutually appraise your time together.
Email : email@example.com
SMS/Whatsapp : +65 8182 3603
Address; 4th Floor, 9 Lorong 8, Toa Payoh, Singapore 319253